St Jude's Parish, FUNDONG - ROMAN CATHOLIC ARCHDIOCESE OF BAMENDA, CAMEROON

Search
Go to content

Main menu

St Jude's Parish, FUNDONG

DEANERIES AND PARISHES > NJINIKOM DEANERY




The first German Missionaries of the Sacred Heart began the first Mission Station in the Archdiocese of Bamenda at Fujua in Fundong in 1913. That is why the CENTENARY YEAR   of the Archdiocese of Bamenda was launched in St Jude's Parish FUNDONG, on 29 June 2013 almost 80 kilometres from Bamenda, the Regional Headquarters of the N.W. Region. It may be a very winding road to Fundong but it is worth the journey, if only for the natural touristic attractions.

St Jude's Parish Fundong was opened in 1971 with territory detached from Njinikom. Today the Parish has 13 Mission Stations, 5 Catholic Primary Schools and one Nursery. The Mill Hill Missionaries administer this Parish as well as Illung Quasi Parish.

Parish Priest:                           Fr Christopher Hancock
Curate:                                   Fr Vijay Kumar Pulugujju Curate/Manager of Schools
Curate2                                  Fr Noah Monday Mbabazi


The Congregation of the Sisters of the Child Jesus work in the Parish.
One kilometre from the present site of the Parish Church in Fundong Town, on the road leading to the Fon's Palace at Laikom, the Sacred Heart Missionaries established the first Mission Station at FUJUA. The Baptists have used the actual site and built an orphanage but the archdiocese of Bamenda has acquired a piece of land directly opposite and is building the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception. However, stones and bricks recovered by the Baptists from the 1913 building have been handed over to the Parish Priest of Fundong and these will be built into the Marian Shrine.
























Back to content | Back to main menu